Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A day with Nikki


Well, I didn't technically blog yesterday, but did keep to my promise to take photographs. It was a beautiful, warm, breezy day here in the hills and I spent the day downtown.

My first order of business (after I spent an hour volunteering in Gracie's class) was to get my unemployment in order. I can tell this whole experience will be more trouble than it's worth. I've heard it said that it takes more work to stay on unemployment than it does to actually WORK! They require you to apply for two jobs a week, something I do anyway. But, now, I'm wondering - do I apply for five or six this week, only to have none to apply for next week?!....it all seems so backassward.

I then headed to my friend and fellow moon goddess, Nikki's house. For any of you who know Nikki, you know I did NOT have a dull day! This girl has boundless energy. It's both contagious and exhausting. I honestly have a hard time photographing her sometimes because she cannot sit still!! :) Up for the challenge, I followed her around for (another) "photo shoot" -- she is this incredible and amazing singer/songwriter/musician and she's always looking to update her promo shots and whatnot. I had done some shots of her last year, that were used on her new cd cover, as well as for a bunch of press releases around town. I was very proud.
us being us


She took me to a friends' house - this really cool, old (like 110 years old old) house and we managed to finish a bottle of red, and I took over 400 pictures. Mind you, she's a goof, so half of those photos were of her being silly - some so blurry b/c I was laughing so hard! But, I spent the morning editing them, and think there are a few keepers.

sorry Nik, had to show one of your goofy shots!
Of course, she's more critical of herself than I am - and she proved her point by (once again) turning the camera on me! UGH!

NOT my comfort zone...can you tell?!





***********
So, today I had plans to meet up with some girls to hike, but of course, the weather is crap and I'm still in my jammies. I think I'll take some salmon out of the freezer and make a nice dinner tonight. I've been wanting to try this salmon, brie and mango dish.
I know, I know - doesn't sound like a poor man's meal, but I promise you we got all the ingredients on sale!! One must still enjoy the finer things in life!!
Until next time.....

1 comment:

toni said...

I like your hair that length.

When we've been scraping, we always said "you've gotta eat!" No need to apologize for that :)