Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Dream Job

So, here I am. Still pretty much unemployed. Too much time on my hands. So, I'm back to blogging. This time, I'm making up my own job. Today, I draw from two of my favorite inspirations - ironically, both named Tony.

The first Tony, is of international Travel Channel "No Reservations" fame - Anthony Bourdain. Something about this guy is really sexy. He's tall, for one. He's sarcastic. He's laid back. He likes to drink. He likes to eat. He likes to travel. (and gratefully, he's also quit smoking!) What a great freakin' job! In my fantasy job, I am the female alter-ego of Tony. I'm (sort of) tall, sarcastic, laid back, drinkin' eatin' mommy machine. Minus the fact that I have no money, I'd also love to get in on that traveling part!

Like Tony, I have worked many jobs in the restaurant business. I love to cook, and think I cook pretty damn good. I often tell my husband, that I'd love to be a food critic. Even if it's just locally, I love to write and I love to eat. Enough said. Perfect job.
***
The second Tony, is local entertainment writer, Tony Kiss - also affectionately known as "the Beer Guy". I, for purposes of this blog, will refer to myself as "the Beer Goddess". This Tony has a weekly column in our local paper's weekly entertainment magazine. As you can imagine, he writes about all things beer.

In Asheville, that's not a hard thing to do. Home to six and counting local breweries, Tony has the luxury of commenting on all the latest to hit the Asheville beer scene. Seasonal brews, new brewmasters, beer festivals, art and beer, beer and food, craft beer, Papa beer, Mama beer and Baby beer too...

Any one who knows me, Chrissy (aka Beer Goddess) knows I love beer too. Granted, I can't always afford the good stuff, but I sure try. Whether it's tracking down the latest 22 oz. Imperial, or taking my growlers in for a refill - I do enjoy taking advantage of all the delicious local spirits.


Green Man beer served at Jack of the Wood
~~~ Highland Brew is one of my favs!



Okay, so food- Check. Beer- Check. Travel- working on that. Blog-check.
Sling my camera over my shoulder and I'm ready.
Who's hiring??




Beer Goddess drinking in Hoboken
















Eating and drinking in Playa del Carmen











some food pictures for good measure

1 comment:

toni said...

Great artichoke shot. This is an artichoke, right?

I love Anthony Bourdain, too. Didn't know he quit smoking- that's great. I always wondered how he could really taste things trashing his palette with smoking.

I could drink any and all beer. Isn't it the greatest? I wish I liked wine for the health benefits, but just can't get into it. Too expensive, and I like the carbonation from the beer. I sounds like you've got some awesome beer there. Our local brewery is a chain?! Come on...